-----

I first met Katherine Bray(-Strickland) my freshman year of high school and we soon became very close friends. That friendship carried us through college before becoming something a whole lot more. I married my best friend on June 28th 2008. On February 10th 2010, I lost her to cancer.
The last promise my wife asked of me, was to live my life and be happy.
I have never broken a promise to Kate and I never will.

Having lost my world in 2010, I moved to the Boston area and met another amazing woman also dealing with the loss of her world.
She makes keeping the promise I made to Kate so much easier.
Shayna and I were married in 2015, are both always working on happy, and now live in the Richmond, VA area.






Thursday, April 29, 2010

If only more things got lost in the mail.

Yesterday I received only two pieces of mail. Both were for Kate. The first was from her doctor’s office, which for those who don’t know is also her office, and the people who work there, her colleagues. It was an appointment reminder. The second was a card from the oncology department at Duke hospital that helped guide her treatment for four+ years. That one was an invitation to a cancer survivors celebration.


Pay attention when you put things in the mail, they’ll likely get to where they’re going.

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to give you a hug. That sucks I am sorry David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks David. sending you love. Josie

    ReplyDelete