-----

I first met Katherine Bray(-Strickland) my freshman year of high school and we soon became very close friends. That friendship carried us through college before becoming something a whole lot more. I married my best friend on June 28th 2008. On February 10th 2010, I lost her to cancer.
The last promise my wife asked of me, was to live my life and be happy.
I have never broken a promise to Kate and I never will.

Having lost my world in 2010, I moved to the Boston area and met another amazing woman also dealing with the loss of her world.
She makes keeping the promise I made to Kate so much easier.
Shayna and I were married in 2015, are both always working on happy, and now live in the Richmond, VA area.






Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thank you Katherine Bray-Strickland

"I dreamed a dream with you
and it was an amazing dream
while it lasted"
(Paraphrased from the movie First Knight)

You took a lot from me when you left, but you gave me so much more while you were here. How silly, how foolish I have been to focus so much for so long on what I have lost and spend such little time thinking of what I was given. You gave me a living dream. I have experienced more love thus far in my short life than some get to in a full lifetime.

Angel you made me and still now as I live threw the month that marks my going back to having lived less days knowing you than not, I can say that you are still the only person who has ever been a necessity in my life. I am anything and everything I am because of you. And I know that no matter what this life without you brings I will be fine, no I will be good, because I am the man that you made me. And because wherever I go, I take you with me in the memories I have lived and the goals that I hope to.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!  For all that I am and all I may ever be, Thank you!

1 comment: